Basic Confidentiality Policy
Where personal information is required to use or interact with the Sites, it is our policy that this information – such as your name, postal or email address, or telephone number — is private and confidential. The personal information you provide to the Association of Meeting Professionals is stored in a secure location, accessible only by appropriate staff, and is used for the purposes set forth in this policy, such as to reply to a question or to send requested materials. Information Collected We collect two types of information from visitors to the Sites: (1) Personal information; and (2) Non-Personal information, such as your IP address or cookies. 1. Personal information “Personal information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, postal address, telephone number, or email address. AMPs collects and stores the personal information that you have provided to us. Here are some examples of manners in which we may collect your personal information on the Sites:
• We will collect your first and last name, email address, and postal address when you become a member and sign up to receive information from AMPs;
• We may collect your email address if you contact us with a question;
• We may collect your first and last name and email address if you choose to participate in a contest or sweepstakes;
• We may collect your first and last name, postal address and billing information if you make a purchase through our Sites; and
• We may collect your device ID number when you interact with the Sites using a mobile device.
The above list provides an example of the personal information that may be collected from you on the Sites. If you do not want AMPs to collect your personal information, please do not provide it to us. 2. Non-Personal information “Non-Personal information” can be technical information or it can be demographic information, such as your age, gender, ZIP code or other geolocation data, or interests. Non-personal information does NOT identify you personally. Here are some examples of the non-personal information that is collected via the Sites and a description of how this information is used:
• Internet Protocol (IP) address — Your IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data — such as the webpages you view. We use this information to deliver our webpages to you upon request, to tailor our Sites to the interests of our users and to measure traffic within our Sites.
• Demographic Information — “Demographic Information” may be your gender, age, ZIP code or geolocation data, and/or interests, which you voluntarily provide to us on the Sites. We use this information to provide you with personalized services and to analyze trends to ensure the information provided by the Sites meets your needs.
Please note that we also consider aggregated information, which is not personally identifiable, to be non-personal information. The above list provides an example of the non-personal information that is collected via the Sites. Use of Information Collected Via the Sites 1. Personal information We use your personal information that is collected on the Sites primarily for the following purposes:
• To deliver services, such as educational programs, information or newsletters you request or purchase;
• To alert you to special offers, updated information and other new services from AMPs;
• To process your order and, if necessary, to contact you regarding the status of your order;
• To fulfill the terms of a promotion;
• To ensure the Sites are relevant to your needs;
• To help us create and publish content most relevant to you;
• To contact you regarding additional services and features;
• To request your feedback about your experience with AMPs;
• To allow you access to limited-entry areas of the Sites.
Non-personal information is used as described above and in other was as permitted by applicable laws, including combining non-personal information with personal information. Release of Information to Third Parties The AMPs membership directory is ¬available only to members in a members-only section of the site. All members’ names are listed in the directory, but members have the option to suppress information. Personal information collected as a function of the AMPs’ Sites will not be released to third parties except to further the purpose for which you provided and in the following instances:
• To complete your purchase. If you choose to make a purchase on the Sites, we may collect from you your credit card number, billing address and other information related to such purchase, and we may use such collected information in order to fulfill your purchase. We may also provide such information, or other personal information provided by you, to unaffiliated third parties as necessary to complete your purchase (for example, to process your credit card).
• To comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or property, including the rights and property of AMPs and its family of Sites or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our end users.
• To protect against potential fraud, we may verify with third parties the information collected from these Sites. In the course of such verification, we may receive personal information about you from such services. If you use a credit card or debit card to purchase services with us, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us, and that the card has not been reported as lost or stolen.
Third Party Websites and Advertisers
We communicate with our individual members on a regular basis via email. For example, we may use your email address to confirm your request, to send you notice of payments, to send you information about changes to our products and services, and to send notices and other disclosures as required by law. Generally, members cannot opt-out of these individual communications, but they will be primarily informational in nature rather than promotional. However, we provide you the opportunity to exercise an opt-out choice if you do not want to receive other types of communications from us, such as mass messages or updates from us regarding new services and products offered on the Sites. For emails, you may opt-out by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link within the text of an email. We will process your unsubscribe as soon as possible, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscribe is processed.
(Last updated: April 20, 2018)